You have the opportunity to help expand this collection by making a gift toward a purchase of a new kit. We would love if one of these wonderful books could become a new kit!
- An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
When her new husband is arrested and imprisoned for a crime she knows he did not commit, a rising artist takes comfort in a longtime friendship
- Bear Town by Fredrik Backman
In the tiny forest community of Beartown, the possibility that the amateur hockey team might win a junior championship brings the hope of revitalization.
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
An intimate memoir by the former First Lady chronicles the experiences that have shaped her remarkable life
- Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
A tale inspired by firsthand accounts about the notoriously corrupt Tennessee Children’s Home Society.
- Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
Living with an old-world mother and rebellious sister, an urban New Jersey misfit dreams of becoming the next J. R. R. Tolkien.
- Circe by Madeline Miller
Follows the banished witch daughter of Titans as she hones her powers and interacts with famous mythological beings.
- Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
When singer Daisy Jones meets Billy Dunne of the band The Six, the two rising 70s rock-and-roll artists are catapulted into stardom .
- Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover
Traces the author’s experiences as a child born to survivalists in the mountains of Idaho
- Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
A socially awkward, routine-oriented loner teams up with a bumbling IT guy from her office to assist an elderly accident victim
- Far From the Tree by Robin Benway
Feeling incomplete as an adopted child after placing her own baby up for adoption, Grace tracks down her biological siblings
- The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty
Cecilia discovers a letter that says to open it only in the event of her husband’s death. She reads it and discovers a secret that shatters her life.
- The Library Book by Susan Orlean
he author reopens the unsolved mystery of the most catastrophic library fire in American history, and delivers a love letter to a beloved institution: our libraries.
- Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Stout
The world of Olive Kitteridge, a retired school teacher in a small coastal town in Maine, is revealed in stories that explore her diverse roles in many lives,
- There There by Tommy Orange
A novel which grapples with the complex history of Native Americans
- The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coates
A Virginia slave narrowly escapes a drowning death through the intervention of a mysterious force that compels his personal underground war against slavery.
- Community book groups will have expanded options for reading and discussions.
- Your book group will have the opportunity to place the first reservation on the new title.
- Your gift to The Library Foundation qualifies as a charitable deduction, for which you will receive an official tax receipt acknowledgment letter.
- Your gift will be recognized with book plates in each copy of the books in the bag.
Making a Gift
The Library Foundation
1515 SW 10th Ave
Topeka, KS 66604-1374
Please specify your choice from the Wish List.
- An entire Book Group in a Bag costs $150.
- Individual book titles from the Wish List can be purchased for $15